“The Pennsylvania Statewide Independent Living Council (PA SILC), in partnership with the network of Centers for Independent Living (CILs) and the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR) is providing opportunities to hear directly from you about what your life experiences are as Pennsylvanians with disabilities.
The State Plan for Independent Living (SPIL) uses money from the federal government to address independent living needs of people with disabilities. It is our responsibility to hear from the people to plan for the development of the SPIL. It is your right as a person with a disability in the Commonwealth to be provided with this opportunity to give input.”
The PA SILC has developed several methods to share your input:
- At a forum: The forum in our Lancaster/Lebanon area will be held in York on November 19th from 11am to 2pm. Click here for more information about this forum. (You can also click here to download the flyer for additional forum locations throughout the state)
- On their Facebook page! Go to the PA SILC Public Forums page by clicking here. “Like” the page and then either click the “Message” button to send a private message with your thoughts, or write a post.
- At a videoconference forum: at the Harrisburg OVR office on November 17th from 11am to 2pm. Click here for more information.
- Email your thoughts directly to email@example.com
- By mail to: PA SILC, 207 House Avenue Suite 107, Camp Hill, PA 17011
All input is needed by December 31st, 2015.
To help frame your thoughts, here are a few questions to get you started:
What is your current situation? Are you satisfied with this? What should be different?
Your input is so valuable and greatly appreciated! Please don’t miss this opportunity to help shape the future of the SPIL!