Date(s) - Friday, November 1st
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Disability Empowerment Center (DEC) is hosting a educational session at the Lancaster Chamber of Commerce from 1-3 p.m. The address is:
Lancaster Chamber of Commerce
115 E. King Street Room 2 E
Lancaster, PA 17602
Community HealthChoices (CHC) is a new initiative in Pennsylvania that will use managed care organizations (MCOs) to coordinate physical health care and managed long-term services and supports (MLTSS) for older persons, persons with physical disabilities, and Pennsylvanians who are dually eligible for Medicare and Medicaid.
PA CHC is expected to serve up to 420,000 Pennsylvanians.
According to the PA Office on Long Term Living, the goals of PA CHC are the following:
- Enhance opportunities for community-based services
- Strengthen health care and MLTSS delivery systems
- Allow for new innovations
- Promote the health, safety, and well-being of enrolled participants
- Ensure transparency, accountability, effectiveness, and efficiency of the program
PA CHC will cover the same physical health benefits that are currently available through the Medicaid Adult Benefit Package.
You can register for this by contacting Katrina at the Disability Empowerment Center, 717-394-1890 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Space is limited, so call today!