As a 501(c)(3) not for profit organization, we rely on donations to help us provide our services. There are many ways to provide donations to the Disability Empowerment Center, including:
Donate Directly to DEC
You can make a donation directly to us by check. Please call or click here to contact us for more information.
You can donate to the Disability Empowerment Center right now through Paypal. It is safe and secure, you do not pay fees and you do not need a Paypal account to make a donation. Click the donate button to make a donation now!
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon that lets customers enjoy the same selection of products, low prices, and convenient shopping features as on Amazon.com. The difference is that when customers shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the charitable organizations selected by customers. Click the button below and as long as you shop through AmazonSmile for your Amazon purchases, DEC will receive the donations.
DEC is currently in need of the following donated items:
- An oven (to help consumers learn to cook)
- Books (to help build our consumer library)
- Laptops (for our computer lab and to help consumers with computer skills)
- Printers (for our computer lab)
- iPads (for consumers who can not use regular computers due to physical disabilities)
- Art Supplies (for consumer activities)
If you can donate any of these items, please contact us today!
Donate Your Time
You can also help DEC by volunteering your time!
We always need help in Lancaster and Lebanon at our Centers and at events.
Some sample volunteer activities include:
- Helping out our office staff with administrative tasks.
- Helping to organize and being a part of special programs, such as our Employment Outreach program.
- Giving presentations at DEC,
- and more, depending on your special skills!
If you’d like to be a volunteer at DEC, call us or download/fill out the DEC Volunteer Application (pdf file) or DEC Volunteer Application (rtf file), return it to us via mail or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we’ll help find the position that’s best for you.