As we step into the New Year, all of us at DEC wanted to take a moment to look back at how wonderful 2014 was, and tell you about our plans for 2015.
We really did have an amazing 2014 with so many memorable moments including:
- Consumer events! Bowling, a Barnstormer’s Game, two picnics (the Lebanon consumer picnic & the ADA picnic in Long’s Park), a Halloween party, an IM Able demonstration day, and more!
- Marching in the ADA March on Washington in July.
- Unveiling our new look and website in October.
- Participating in the ExtraordinaryGive in November, raising $2,430. With those donations we were able to buy 50 winter coats for individuals in needs, and provide the food to feed 4 families for Thanksgiving.
- Getting the opportunity to visit the ADA Legacy Tour at Millersville University, while it was on its way across the country.
- Our best DEC the Halls event yet, in December. We had a beautiful, fun event and were able to raise $2,068 from our Silent Auction and donations.
- All Centers for Independent Living added a new service and DEC was no exception, when we formally added Transition services to our offerings.
- We also started offering Service Coordination, this past fall.
Looking back on 2014 and all of these moments, just makes us all really excited for the year to come! We have so many plans for 2015 and you are going to see great things out of everyone at DEC. You can look forward to:
- We’re planning to expand our Peer Mentoring program in 2015!
- We will continue to offer Consumer events throughout the year. Visit our Calendar page to keep up with the events.
- We will also be starting a Veterans program.
- We plan to start a classroom at DEC and will offer a series of classes including English Language (ESL), Sign Language (ASL), and more.
- You may have noticed our DEC Approved program on our website and this year we will formally unveil that new program.
- We also have exciting plans to get a movement started online with our #GetEmpowered campaign!
- And so much more!
We hope you are just as excited to start the New Year as we are. Thank you for being a part of all of this, with us!