This year is the 25th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Disability Empowerment Center is hosting a picnic to celebrate!
On July 24th at Long’s Park in Lancaster, the DEC will host a picnic from 11 am to 2 pm. There are so many things planned to help us celebrate including:
- Mayor Gray will be there!
- The Lancaster Mounted Police will be in attendance with their horses (accessible for our physically disabled consumers)
- IM ABLE Foundation will be providing demonstrations of their accessible equipment)
- DEC will be announcing a new program called DEC Approved to help businesses that are accessible reach out to disabled consumers.
- Zoo America is bringing animals
- We’ll also have games, giveaways, good food, music and more!