Date(s) - Saturday, May 19th
7:45 am - 11:00 am
Grab those walking shoes and support the Disability Empowerment Center at the Highmark Walk for a Healthy Community!
Join the DEC Team as we we participate as one of 53 non-profits in the Highmark Walk in Harrisburg. Highmark underwrites the entire cost of the walk so that 100% of the money raised for DEC comes directly to us to support our mission!
What is the Highmark Walk?
- The Highmark Walk for a Healthy Community is a 5K or One-Mile Fun Walk, held on May 19, 2018 at Harrisburg Area Community College’s main campus in Harrisburg.
- It’s an annual fundraising walk that benefits local health and human service agencies.
- There will be food, entertainment, prizes and fun activities for children at the event. In addition, the Disability Empowerment Center and all nonprofits participating in the walk will have a booth with information about our services.
- Pre-registration is open now
- Day-of registration begins at 7:45 a.m. Saturday, the walk begins at 9:00 a.m., the one-mile fun walk begins at 9:15 a.m. and the event is over by 11:00 a.m.
- You can choose to walk 1 mile or 5k, strollers, wheelchairs, and dogs are welcome!
- All registered walkers who raise or donate $30.00 will receive a Walk for a Healthy Community T-shirt while supplies last. For every $50.00 that you donate to participating organizations, you will receive one chance for raffle prizes valued at more than $1,000.
How can you participate?
- Registration is open now to walk with us on May 19th!
- You can visit our page to register or collect your donations off-line and bring them to the event.
- To form a team: visit this page
- To join an existing team: visit this page
- To register as an individual, you can visit this page
- Download a donation form to collect your donations off-line here.
Can’t participate but wanted to help out?
- Donate directly to the Disability Empowerment Center
- If you can’t participate in the event, but would like to raise money, you can sign up as a Virtual Participant on this page.
Any questions? Contact the Disability Empowerment Center at (717) 394-1890 or email to email@example.com.